Apprentice Related Training
- What is an Apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeship Programs at South Seattle College
- Apprenticeship Programs in Washington
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training
- Washington State Apprenticeship Programs Catalog - This is a PDF document with general information about apprenticeship programs in Washington State includes addresses, phone numbers, and other information about active Apprenticeship Programs.
- Apprenticeship Laws, Rules & Policies - Contains information about labor hour requirements, federal regulations and administrative policies.
- Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council - Agendas and meeting minutes for quarterly meetings of the WSATC, the governing body for registered apprenticeships in Washington state.
- The Helmets to Hardhats program has been designed due to the critical skills shortage in the construction industry. It seeks to recruit US military personnel who are entering back into the civilian life into construction jobs.
Apprenticeship & Non-Traditional Employment for Women (ANEW) was founded in 1980 by women dedicated to improving access and advancement in non-traditional career paths. Through preparatory training and services, ANEW graduates (both women and men) will successfully gain, retain, and advance in employment in non-traditional industries.
Washington State Unemployment Insurance Application. Washington State residents may now apply online for unemployment.
How to successfully complete your W-4 Form — U.S. Citizen
Please Note: Incomplete W-4 forms will be returned to the employee as well as forms with writing in both box 5 and box 7. Please read the instructions below to make the appropriate choice.
- Box 1: Fill in your full name along with your current address.
- Box 2: Fill in your social security number.
- Box 3: Check the box that applies to you unless you are claiming 'Exempt' in box 7.
- Box 4: If the last name you are using differs from your social security card, check here and follow instructions to correct it.
- Box 5: To claim withholding allowances enter the total number you are claiming.
- Box 6: Enter any additional amount you would like withheld from your earning.
- Box 7: To claim exempt enter the word exempt but remember to leave boxes 3 and 5 blank. Finally, sign and date the W-4 form before returning it to the payroll office.
How to apply for a replacement or name change Social Security Card
A condition of employment with Seattle Community Colleges is to have and produce a Social Security Card. The IRS requires that your name on all company records appear exactly as it does on your Social Security Card.
If you have lost your card, had your card stolen or had a name change, begin the process of replacing by visiting the Social Security Administration website.
Once you have received your replacement Social Security Card you will need to have your supervisor process a Name Change ENSRC so Payroll can update your name in the system.