Pre-Apprenticeship Manufacturing Academy
The Manufacturing Academy (MA) is a joint program of South Seattle College and the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) designed to offer a solid foundational career pathway into entry-level employment or apprenticeship opportunities in the aerospace and advanced manufacturing. The MA is a recognized apprenticeship preparation program by the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council.
During this 10-12 week program students will:
- Develop skills to succeed in the industry including effective communication, resume writing, interviewing and job application assistance
- Training from industry professionals
- Earn college credits
- Connect with local manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
- Obtain insight about career pathways; including education and apprenticeship opportunities
- Tour local advanced manufacturing companies
They will also develop job-ready skills and industry-relevant certifications ensuring a strong foundation in manufacturing:
- Lean manufacturing
- Shop math
- Intro to machining, metal fabrication, composites, assembly
- Blueprint reading
- Precision measuring
The MA curriculum content was developed in partnership with AJAC and local employers to ensure that it is relevant, meets industry needs, and aligns with the state's standards for manufacturing.
Students have the opportunity to interact with employers throughout the program, including entry interviews, industry tours, and a job fair where invested employers offer employment upon graduation. The result of the MA is a skilled pipeline of entry level workers to support the growing number of industrial manufacturing jobs in the region. In addition, the MA provides students a pathway to enter into an apprenticeship or continue their education within the state’s community and technical college system.
The MA is a unique opportunity that directly connects students with employers and provides them with the skills, knowledge, competencies, and certifications necessary to be valued assets to any company.
Credits earned in the MA program transfer into other educational pathways at in the Seattle College District and other colleges in the state.
For more information about this program, please contact: