Green Jobs Training
Are you seeking new ways to train employees in green and sustainable techniques to reduce costs and improve the bottom line? Do you want to learn about how sustainability and the green revolution affects your business and creates new opportunities? Or are you looking for new skills or a career in an environmentally-related field like energy auditing or electric vehicle conversion?
South Seattle Community College is a leader in energy conservation and green building training, providing:
- Development of green training curriculum in energy conservation, building sustainability management, building science, construction, deconstruction, Brownfield remediation, landscape horticulture and culinary arts.
- New continuing education and for-credit programs in electric vehicle conversion, permaculture, integrated pest management, green walls and green roofs, sustainable agriculture, and sustainable systems.
- Hosting green jobs training and workforce development events at the award-winning Georgetown Campus.
- Customized corporate training in green jobs training and greening your operations.
New programs include:
- Energy audit courses and certification that prepare students for national certification (Building Performance Institute and Energy Star).
- Pre-apprenticeship training aimed at low-income youth and adults for entry into the energy utility, green building and electrical green jobs fields.
- Residential and commercial training programs in conservation and weatherization.
- Building sustainability training focusing on how buildings function as systems and how to manage them cost effectively using principles of sustainability.
- New training programs in sustainability, including green walls and green roof construction, electric car conversion, integrated pest management, sustainable agriculture and permaculture.
The Seattle Community Colleges—Washington’s largest community college district—has three comprehensive colleges, a vocational institute and five specialized training centers. Educating more than 50,000 students annually, the Seattle Community Colleges recognize the responsibility to be a premier educational steward of the environment. As one of the Seattle Community Colleges, South Seattle Community College has direct access to comprehensive instructional resources, facilities and equipment to support green jobs training and sustainability education.
To learn more contact Jason Petrait at (206) 934-6865 or firstname.lastname@example.org